Friday, November 7, 2014

Mantra Mobile by Michelle Reynolds


What a wonderful project this one is! 


This project could also be a tree ornament, an affirmation for yourself or a friend, or just a beautiful mobile piece to hang anywhere! 


You’ll want to make lots of these!



Hi everyone!!

I'm Michelle Reynolds from www.shellsinthebush.com/ and the Cre8ive Klatch Team.

I'm here today to show you how I made my Mantra Mobile and to inspire you to create your own.




Here are the supplies I used but I encourage you to use what you have already or to check out your $2 shop for some special items.

Paper - gelli prints and scrapbooking paper, pencil, scissors, glue stick, alphabet stamp set and ink, hole punch, ribbon.




1. First of all you'll need a mantra - two to five words that resonate with you.  I've created a Pinterest board if you need some inspiration.

2. Decide which shape you would like your mobile to be - for example if your mantra is Live Laugh Love you might decide on a heart shape.




3. Choose some papers - I love gelli printing so I have a lot of gelli prints and I also have a stash of scrapbooking papers which are plain and patterned.

Choose a colour scheme - think of contrasting your papers - warm colours and cool colours, plain and patterened, or red/white/blue etc.

Your top layer with words on it should be plain enough so the words stand out and don't get lost in the pattern.




4. Cut out your papers - I have cut out three circles - using a round gelli print made the bottom layer easy to cut and I have already made up circle templates to use but look around your home - in the past I have used small plates and bowls and glasses to create a circle shape.




5. Use a glue stick to glue your layers together.




6. Put your words onto your top layer - I have used stamps, paint pens and gel pens. Another idea is to use words or letters from a magazine.

7. Then continue to decorate your mobile to your heart's content. You could use a paper doilly as one of the layers - see image below.

8. I punched a hole in the top and threaded some ribbon through.  If you feel your paper is too thin and not strong enough then you may have to glue some cardstock to the back of your mobile.



I hope you have fun creating your Mantra Mobile.  Please join our Cre8ive Klatch FaceBook Group and share your creations - I would be thrilled to see them and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you.

Michelle.

PS If you would like to buy some gelli prints to use to create this mobile or in your art journal, for collage and mixed media art then check out my Etsy store for some great Gelli Print Packages.





4 comments:

itsamistry said...

Wonderful tutorial and I like the idea of having a mantra mobile. Anita

Anonymous said...

I have several friends that are going to incredibly difficult times right now. I've been trying to come up with something I could make each of them to help them focus on the good in their lives right now rather than the bad. I have my Gelli prints picked out and will be making them each one of these on my work breaks today. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
Nita

Shells said...

Thanks Anita and Nita, would love to see your mantra mobiles. Michelle.

Ursula Smith said...

Cool project, Michelle! Thanks for sharing it!

Post a Comment